There's been a lot of "life lately", it's just not happening here on this blog, at the moment. But it will again, now!
My cousin Maile posted over on her blog the other day, that she realized it had been a year since she'd last posted. I never thought someone could forget to blog (kind of like how I still don't think people can forget to eat, but, you know, whatevs). I mean, I used to blog like I used to breathe! But now, I get it. Time goes by and other things (like spending time with your significant other, and getting projects done) take priority.
So, these last few months, pretty much since the day my crowdfunding campaign began, have been Busy with a capital B, for me. But not like "So-insane-I'm-going-to-have-a-panic-attack" busy... which is a nice change from how I used to do "busy"! Just more like, "I'll do my best, some things will take priority, and some things will fall by the wayside, and that's OK." That kind of busy. I've learned a crap tonne. About productivity. About what to say NO to. About my future business. And my current business. And my relationship, and what's important to me, like really truly important.
And, now I feel I'm out the other side of it, of that busy-ness. I'm settling back into my seat as a blogger, a writer, a creator of things, and it's comfortable, it feels right. I want blogging again. I want it to be part of my daily life again. And I'm actually excited again to share what I've been learning, and going through, and seeing, and feeling, with you all.
So first up! I want to talk about what goals I'm working on. You know that feeling when you get through a busy period, and then you want to take a deep breath, and slow down, and look clearly at, well, everything? And decide what stays and what goes? Yeah, that's the feeling I have right now.
So here is a bit of a brain dump for what's on my mind, in my heart, and on my plate for the second half of 2015. I'm not including stuff from my day job -- that's it's own long to-do list and while it's at times interesting and exciting, it's not what I want to talk about here.
- Finish all the work for the crowdfunding perks. Date: end of this year. (I'll post a longer post about this whole process soon.)
- Get digital photos for the last seven years made into photo books. Delete the digital versions of the photos. Stop worrying about losing them! Date: end of 2015.
- Put a couple of older posts from Dream Big Cape Breton onto "goCapeBreton.com" -- maybe a beaches post, the post about the transportation system.
- Launch and then run a successful first year of the Creative Soul Weekend, with Emily Chafe.
- Launch my business (October!!! Watch out world!)
- Grow a small veggie garden and plan a bit for next year's veggie garden (get tarp, put rock around the corner of the yard where it will go)
- Go on vacation in August with Adam and check email only once a week. Pack super light. Enjoy and soak up the moments. Let the time away from things be refreshing.
- Keep working out twice a week with my rad new trainer Steph. Do an unassisted pull-up. (Maybe by the end of this year, it may take longer.) I don't have a specific weight-loss goal, because my goal with training is to gain strength and muscle, which may not mean any change in the number of pounds I weigh.
- Keep doing yoga once a week.
- Be "hands free" as much as possible when at home with my family. We want to grow our family in the next year or two, and I've seen over the past year that the more hands-free I am, the more connected Adam and I are to each other, and the richer our family life feels.
- Look into starting a podcast.
- Look into doing an extended walk, perhaps around the Cabot Trail, in 2016.
- Look into writing a book. (!!! This one in particular feels SCARY to say out loud. But yes. I really really really want to write a book.)
Whew! That's a lot. But damn it feels good to be back. Writing in my own blog, my own account, again. Let's do this!